Are you tired of grinding life out with little or no joy and pleasure? Are you looking for tools to help you experience more joy in your life while you achieve success? Do you want to know the path to living the life of your dreams? Our special guest Laura DeBenedetto is here to answer these and many other questions about what it takes to create true success and happiness.
Laura DiBenedetto (Hawaii) is the No. 1 Bestselling Author of The Six Habits and a Life Mastery coach who teaches people how to create the life of your dreams without sacrificing what you love. She also is the Founder and CEO of a company called Vision Advertising, which she started when she was 19. Vision Advertising has helped hundreds of entrepreneurs build and grow profitable enterprises entirely on their terms.
Listen in as Laura shares her wisdom and experience on six habits that will transform your experience of life, enhance your success and help you move past the self-beliefs that have held you back in the past.
The Impact Leadership Podcast is brought to you by Cardivera, the leadership development eco-system that helps you grow your people, grow your business and grow your life.
- The Six Habits that will allow you to live happiness rather than pursuing happiness
- Habit 1 – Kindness (the way we treat ourselves in action, thoughts and deeds)
- Habit 2 – Acceptance (unconditional love for ourselves, respect and appreciation)
- Habit 3 – Gratitude (the lenses through which we view the world)
- Habit 4 – Presence (living in the present moment to experience massive pleasure)
- Habit 5 – Goodness (the habit of good energy self-management)
- Habit 6 – Intention (getting ultra-clear with purpose)
- You have to work on yourself in order to receive joy
- It’s important to understand the origins of your self-beliefs or beliefs about the world and how it works
- Working on yourself is not always easy or pretty – it’s often hard and messy
- Even mastering the Six Habits doesn’t prevent getting punched in the face, but you can more quickly bounce back
- Presence is about enjoyment, pleasure and growth
- Choosing presence means allowing ourselves to fully feel our emotions (e.g. choose to feel the pain or the grief)
- Dump the labels of good and bad (and similar labels and value judgments)
- Ways you rob yourself of energy that’s not available for the things you desire
- Self-care is often about setting boundaries
- Beware the many ways we’ve been socialized
- The root cause of joy is in your mental habits and you have to be willing to do the work to transform your habits and beliefs