Are you struggling in your leadership? Are you a young leader looking for ideas on ways to enhance your leadership? Do you want to build a business with a great team and culture? Our special guest Sean Si (Manila, Philippines) answers these and other questions about entrepreneurship, leadership and culture.
Sean Si is the author and editor-in-chief of SEO Hacker and the SEO Hacker Blog is all about providing the world with the latest information in the SEO industry. Sean is a blogger, entrepreneur, SEO specialist, public speaker and an inbound marketing expert. Notably, Sean started his business at the age of 22 with just $22, and now leads an organization at age 32 with 50 team members (all younger than him).
He’s also the host of LeadershipStack, a podcast focused on entrepreneurship, leadership and management. He’s also the founder of QERYZ, a software as a service venture
Listen in as Sean shares his wisdom and experience on what it takes to build, grow and lead a great business.
The Impact Leadership Podcast is brought to you by Cardivera, the leadership development eco-system that helps your grow your people, grow your business and grow your life.
- Ethics matter even in the midst of business challenges
- Leadership lessons from the Avengers
- The importance of relationships in business (relationships come first)
- The importance of taking care of your people especially during uncertain times
- The importance of being empathetic with clients and customers
- The importance of being authentic and vulnerable with clients, customers and team members
- People leave companies because of bad leadership (and turnover is expensive)
- The importance of using assessments with your team (i.e. Reiss Motivational Profile)
- Culture and core values is vital for any business
- Value of using a values survey in the hiring process
- Leaders are intentional about their people, culture and values
- The role of humility in leadership
- Leaders must have people around them who will be honest with them and point out blind spots
- Leadership lessons learned from parents and their career and business choices
- The importance of hiring people that compliment your strengths and supplement your weaknesses
- What to look for when hiring people and the importance of having a rich hiring experience
- Building a culture where you can make mistakes if you learn from them
- The top three things to look for in people: 1. Humble 2. Hungry 3. People Smart
- Unique ideas for living your culture and values
- Keys to leading and managing millennials
- Two powerful and difference making interview questions
- The importance of making it about the team (not yourself) as a leader
- Leadership is about sacrifice