Are you paying attention to your impact? Are you intentional about your impact? Do you take ownership of and responsibility for your impacts, intended and unintended? What’s your level of impact awareness? Listen in as Craig Mathews and Jeff Nischwitz explore these and other questions as they dig into impact and impact awareness. Craig and Jeff will be sharing with some of their unique insights and perspectives on the vital role that impact awareness and ownership play in leadership, teams and organizations. Most important, Craig and Jeff will give you insights and strategies to help you embrace the power of impact awareness in leadership, trust, culture and team engagement. The Impact Leadership Podcast is brought to you by Cardivera, the leadership development eco-system that helps your grow your people, grow your business and grow your life.
In this episode you’ll learn…
- We judge ourselves by our intention, but others judge us by our impacts
- That good intentions are not an excuse for your impacts
- The importance of being more intentional about your impact and taking full ownership of and responsibility for your unintended impact
- The ways that we make excuses when it comes to our impacts, especially unintended impacts
- Strategies for understanding and addressing our unintended impacts
- The role of leader vulnerability in navigating unintended impacts
- The importance of building a culture where impact is part of your everyday communication and feedback
- Tools to open the door to impact conversations across your organization and at all levels
- To enhance your impact awareness by identifying your blind spots
- That the cost of your unintended impacts is a loss of trust
- Leaders don’t apologize … they change
- Ways to take responsibility for your impact and communication
- Leadership seek to maximize their intended impact and minimize their unintended impact
- Leaders take OWNERSHIP of Impact
- The four powerful impact questions as tools for impact awareness, feedback, coaching and mentoring
- What was the intended impact?
- What was the intended message?
- What may be the unintended impact?
- What may be the unintended message?
- Specific examples of and ways to differently navigate unintended impacts
- The high ROI on enhanced impact awareness and ownership